Monday, November 30, 2009

End of the Month Musings...

Monday, Monday.  Just trying to get the Fall decor packed up, bring out the Christmas decor and get ready for a yard sale.  Yes, I think I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew.



Things are back to slow pace with the College Diva back at school for another two weeks and the holiday now a memory.  I was thrilled to spend the day with Fly Guy's family.  Very small affair compared to the raucous of my family's feast, a pleasant change, more like a formal dinner party than the informal buffet style my family puts on each year.


I realized one thing, it really doesn't matter what type of food, where you are or what you are wearing.  What matters is that you are Thankful for all of the blessings in your life.  I am, I truly am thankful each day.


Will be posting about a ramshack manger that I fished from the trash at an estate sale in Sedona.  Yes, this gal is not afraid to garbage pick or dumpster dive a potentially wonderful find.  Keep your fingers crossed that the Reluctant Teenager and I can make it look less dump and more majestic...


Ta-Ta For Now....


Audra

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi- I'm glad to have found you in blogland- we have similar tastes & frugal mindedness:).
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Audra~I know the feeling of urgency to get the house decorated. Looking and smelling festive.
I'm looking forward to the treasures you've dived for. Hopefully you weren't met with too many stale T-day dinner leftovers.

Your Twilight blinky on your sidebar reminds me of all the Twilight jewelry orders I need to finish....I haven't even seen the movies.

Sweet holiday wishes,
Sara

Aubrey said...

Thank you for your sweet comments =) Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations! Hope you have a great week! ~aubrey