Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thrifty Halloween Decorations

This morning as I stepped out of my house I was struck with the oddest sensation....a cool crisp "AZ FALL" morning greeted me!  That's right, the Sonoran Desert is starting to cool off and I for one could not be more thrilled!  The afternoons may still be in the 90's but the mornings defiantly signal that the hotter-than-you-know-where weather is on it's way out!  WOO HOO.


Today I am linking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality, who is hosting "It's Fall Y'all" and of course linking up with Holly at Homebody Holly and Leigh from Tales from Bloggeritaville.  Just want to share the few Halloween decorating items I picked up.  I actually picked up lots last Friday at a sale I stopped by on my way back from lunch. The lady is moving back East and is purging (which is what I should remind myself I am suppose to be doing!) and had LOADS of lovely primitive,country,eclectic Halloween decor!  I just love HALLOWEEN!  I will be setting up my Fall and Halloween decorations this weekend!


Needing a few new things to decorate with I picked up LOTS of pretties and I can't wait to show you.  Here are just a few...



Stuffed pumpkin and crow!  $5.00  Cauldron .50



Wooden Crow on Corn Cob $3.00  Ceramic black candle holders $1.00 each



Cat Tree with Ravens/Crows/Black Birds...$3.00  I also purchased many more items at such eerily fantastic prices.  Will post about those tomorrow!



While College Diva was visiting, a trip to Hobby Lobby was required for craft items for her Sorority...Alpha Delta Pi!  While she shopped, I browsed.  Look what I found!

 
Black Glitter Sign and Pumkins $6.00 at Hobby Lobby (used remaining credit on gift card!) FREE! 




Audra



15 comments:

Kathleen said...

Good finds..I am sure yu will be all decked out for Halloween soon!

Beth said...

The cat tree and birds is too cute!

marie said...

Wow, these are all great pieces! I love the pumpkin and crow and the black candlesticks are going to be great for some chunky candles!

summur braley said...

You have inspired me to go thrifting! What a beautiful blog u have!

Alicia said...

I love free! You found some really unique items. I'm glad it's cooling off. I can't believe monday it was over 100 degrees here and now I'm wearing sweats and fuzzy slippers...lol.

Love your blog!

Marla said...

Audra, can't wait to see what you do with all your new treasures. Thanks for coming by and visiting me, I look forward to seeing more of your blog. Marla

Donna said...

Audra, Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. There is a special place in my heart for mom's you have lost children. I hope the pain becomes easier. I do know Amber is in Heaven.
I can't wait to see what you do with your finds. Love you blog.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Looks like you scored!!! I think I like the tree the best. Glad to hear the mornings are cooling down in AZ. They are here too in SoCal. I was in Cave Creek, AZ in August for a week & it was hot!!! But then it gets that hot where I live in SoCal too. But at least here, it cooled off at night, where as AZ doesn't. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.
Kim

Melissa Miller said...

You have such awesome Halloween decor'!
Love your neat sign and little tree.

Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Embellished Bayou said...

You got some cute stuff, have fun decorating!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

~Christy

Marie said...

Hello Audra - it's nice to meet ya! Lovin' your blog. Fabulous. Thank you for sharing your Fall inspiration. My fave is that cat tree. So cute!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my place recently. Great finds here, not to mention super cute. Way to go. : )
M.L.

REbekah said...

WOO HOO, Audra!! Great deals!!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Love all your black bird decorations! I've got a few around my home this year, too. Happy fall!

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

Wow, very cool stuff! I love the tree!

Jane