Monday, October 5, 2009

More Halloween Decor and a Wonderful Gift

I am back from a hectic weekend of driving, visiting, driving some more, eating, driving again and finally home.  I was bit burned out today and was feeling down since my company is laying off more people possibly by the end of the week. 

I am not sure if my job is one of those to be cut, so far I have survived three lay offs and pray that both my husband and I make the next cut.  Needless to day, I was down today girls, kind of poured myself out of my car and shuffled to the mail box.  Opened the box and there it was! A KEY!  We got a package, we got a package! This time it was for ME and not FLY GUY!  WOOT WOOT!

Lovely Aubrey from Diary of an army wife, my new dear friend from blog-ville had sent me kombucha starter and a gorgeous hat she made. Check out her hats here and here, she is so creative!  Such a steal at $10.00 for hat and the shipping.  I LOVE IT!  I plunked it on my head and my heart was lifted.  How could I be down when I have such a wonderful friend I have never met? 

I couldn't take a picture of it on me since I am all alone this week with Fly Guy working both jobs and getting home SUPER LATE and The Reluctant Teenager visiting family in Northern Arizona.  Trust me, it is beauteous and best of all, hand made by Aubrey!  Be sure to stop by her blog to check these out!


Next up we have some more of the lovelies I picked up two Fridays ago.  I had been headed back from lunch, when I stopped at this moving sale.  I can't tell you the AMAZING things this woman had for sale and all were in perfect condition with great prices.  I am linking up with The Gypsy's Corner for Three or More Tuesdays, head on over to see what others have brought to the party.



 
I first saw these and it was love at first sight.  She paid over 20.00 each for them.  I got them for $5.00 for the pair!   My heart pitter-pats every time I look at them. Can't wait to decorate. *sigh*




 

Love the trick-or-treaters!  Darling looks on their faces.  $4.00 for the pair.



 

More cats!  I *heart* cats and so did she as she had several cat related items.  
$3.00 for the pair.



 

This dapper gentleman is quite striking and his head bobs.  It's so freakin' caauute!
$3.00.  Price on the bottom says $25.00!




Love the crow on the painted stuffed pumpkin!  Second thing I grabbed  picked up! $3.00.


Then there was this little bitty thing.  It makes me smile when ever I look at it.  
Can you guess why?

 


I have a few more thrifty finds to showcase later, but I have got to get busy clearing, cleaning and decorating for fall! 



Thanks for stopping by and thank you to everyone who left comments and especially those who follow my random musings!  


MUCH LOVE....


ttfn...

Audra

14 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Your Halloween finds are so cute and the prices were great! Each one has such a neat personality. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I hope to hear from you in the future!

Leslie said...

Super cute Halloween finds!! I love the look of them being "old" primitive halloween! Thanks for stopping by!

Leslie

Liz said...

*~*~*HAPPY TUESDAY*~*~*

What adorable Halloween items you found...love, love, love them! I noticed that HomeGoods was selling similar primitive Halloween decor early on in August and thought I had time to buy them---wrong! I went back in September and they were all sold out and then they began putting Christmas out. After looking at your cute finds, I am now kicking myself that I should have purchased them while I had the chance!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting! =)

~Happy Fall~

Liz

Jennifer Juniper said...

I can't believe the prices! I love those crazy cats with the big creepy smiles :)

Jenn said...

Great finds! Halloween is so much fun - you get to use funky and quirky decorations :)

Dresser Girl said...

I love what you did - GREAT job!!

Gail said...

Love your finds and not to mention what a bargain! Thanks for the visit and leaving such kind words. Glad I was able to inspire and look forward to seeing your fall decorating.

Have a blessed day.
Gail

Proper Prim said...

Hello there Audra... just wanted to introduce myself...thank you for stoppin by today and for your sweet kind comments... I get so excited when I see comments... Good luck with your job... My BF's SIL just lost his job after 23 years... is there any loyality left in this world... my heart goes out to you during this scary time... but remember God never closes a door unless he opens a window... stay positive... finger and toes crossed for you...
Hugs... Deb

Oh I just love that little Kitty and cage... I can see why you would smile... that is just too cute...

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That hat is awesome!!!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

What cool halloween things you got and at such great prices! Very cute!

Ashlee said...

Hi Audra! Thanks for stopping by my blog!I signed up to follow you and would love it if you did the same!

jen c. smith said...

wow --- you scored at that sale --and i think i am a bit jealous! such cute things! happy to have found your blog!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Audra.. This is my first round for 3 or More Tuesday, and I've really enjoyed seeing everybody's posts!! You really did luck out at this sale, didn't you?!! LOVE all the goodies you're showing here today! ~tina

The Queen of Clearance. said...

These are awesome deals! i wish they were mine! I need some halloween things! I only have a few knick knacks and such laying around.