Saturday, October 31, 2009

Emergency Appendectomy...

Just when I thought it was ok to breathe a sigh of relief, College Diva had what we thought was a relapse from her dreaded ***** flu.  No, appendicitis.  Thank the lord her suite mate Amy had the perserverence to push College Diva into going to the ER.  I had a feeling it might be appendicitis, but CD didn't want to believe it, (my little girl is not a fan of hospitals.)figured it was flu related.  


Amy and the "Twins" (sorority sisters) bundled her up and away they went to the emergency room.  Amy never left her side, the twins only left when she went into surgery.  (not much room in the ER waiting room)



It was her appendix.  Surgeon said it was on verge of rupturing, couldn't figure out why it didn't. 
Can you say the power of prayer?  I prayed all night long, another 2 1/2 drive in less than two hours in the middle of the night.  (strange sense of de ja vu)



She is home now... I will not be alone for Halloween!  Going to watch movies and eat soup...Any good soup recipes?  Send me a link or email a recipe as we will be eating soup for the next few days!


Thankful we love soup!


Joyeux Halloween, mes amies!


Audra

8 comments:

Fairy Bread said...

Wow...you've had a busy and less than stellar few weeks. Hope the universe can see that you've had your fair share now and start throwing great things your way.

Glad to hear the Diva is on the mend and that you'll be having Halloween together. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Chocolate biscuits will also aid with the recovery process and Tim Tams are the absolute best.

Audra said...

I am sure if I could get Tim Tams that my daughter would be feeling tip top in no time!

Kelli said...

Hopefully she will get well soon! Take care and enjoy the soup!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour! Glad your daughter is on the mend yet again. Nothing like being nursed back to health by your mother!! Here is to better days ahead.

My Nifty Thrifty Life said...

Thank goodness your girl had her sisters looking out for her! I hope she will mend well. I will scan & email you my best Potato Soup recipe, since I'm too lazy to type this early in the morning! ;)

christi said...

Oh no and thank goodness for good roomies ... hope the healing goes well.

Aubrey said...

I've also been SLOW at reading blogs of late! So sorry to hear about your daughter...glad she will be able to get back to school on Monday! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Proper Prim said...

Oh wow thank God for Amy... that is so scary... my cousin was hospitalized for months after his did rupture it was touch and go for awhile... Amy is an angel...

on another note... I have nominated your for an award... you can check it out here...http://proper-prim.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-am-so-excited.html
I hope this brightens your day as much as it did mine...
Hugs Deb