Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Sales

I am linking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for "Today's Thrifty Treasures". Head on over and have a look to see what other treasures are being showcased. There are some incredible finds!

Saturday dawned, dark and gloomy. Weather forecast predicted early morning showers, I took the chance and headed out early to hunt for yard sales. First sale I stopped at had interesting "antiques" that were a bit down on their luck, with prices befitting heirlooms. I did find these two metal urns, (you know how my heart races when I see urns!) I also scored some branches or sticks, too hard to photograph.


The seller had a wrought iron wine rack about five feet tall, (I have been wanting a standing wine rack for long, long time!) I set a price in my head and when her price was W-A-Y above mine and she stated that she was "PRETTY FIRM" I let it go.
Another time, another sale....

Located a "johnny-come-lately" sale, after setting up after 8:00 am. Fairly rare here as the temps are in the high 80's at 6:00 am and steadily rise up to 100's by 10:30 am. However the threat of rain did not stop these people and I am thrilled it didn't.

Found these.... Silver plated serving pieces. Will come in handy for the holidays, the cake server needs a tiny bit of polish, but for $3.00 and a bit of elbow grease, I think they are well worth it.




and these.

The Reluctant Teenager and I love movies. We really do and for six bucks for both Indiana Jones series and the complete series of Firefly, I couldn't pass these up.

Next sale I found these green glass candle holders. I am a suckah for anything green so of course I was happy to pay $3.00 for them to add to my collection.

I also found these beaded finials. $1.00. A bit disappointed there weren't more, I can make these work in one of the rooms.
I reigned myself in while shopping since I am weeding out my over abundance of collected treasures at home. Can't bring more in just because I am getting rid of things. That's how I got to this point in the first place! :)

The sky turned an amazing shade of gray, providing a backdrop for the lightening. I decided to head inside to enjoy the weather as the skies opened up pouring rain down on the desert.

Enjoy the holiday.....

Ta Ta For Now.

Audra

10 comments:

Melanie Elissa said...

Oh I love your silverware you found!! And at three dollars for all..I'm a little jealous!! Have a great and blessed day!!

prof en retraite said...

Hi Audra! You found some great stuff! I especially love the silverplate serving pieces. I have found a few myself lately. I hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day!...Debbie

Wendy said...

I love those urns!

Lemondrop Marie said...

Those serving pieces are fabulous! Lucky you!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Don't think I've ever seen beaded finials before!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Really like the urns and silverware - nice finds.

Betty said...

I'm an urn kind of girl...can't have too many!

Great finds you found...your blog is very interesting...will be looking forward to visiting again....

Thank you for dropping by...Betty

Alissa said...

what some great finds! i love the silver serving pieces and urns.

thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I loved the Firefly series and movie! What a great find! You can never have too many urns! You did good!

Manuela

~Caro~ said...

wow, amazing finds! I love the silver utensils- what a total score!