Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thrift Store Goodies

I love thrift stores. I get out of the car; hoping and praying that I will find that "one thing" that will just be the thing that pulls my mix of hodge-podge together in a collectively designed way.
An eye catching piece of something that is just what I didn't know I needed, but once I see it, I will know... Yes, it will be love at first sight. The kind of love that makes you swoon, your heart race, your palms get clammy and the blood rushes to your head.

Yes, that's the exactly what I felt when I laid eyes on this lovely piece.
Propped up against a wall at the church thrift store, it was half hidden by a rack of clothes and UGLY brass fireplace tool set. I spied it, cast there by a volunteer who did not realize the full potential of this piece. I rushed over to it, praying all the way that it was in my price range that I could afford it, that I wouldn't have to get creative this week to try to own this baby. I did not want to have to put this back down. I broke my cardinal rule.. "Don't get attached until you know you can afford it"...

In my haste I almost nose planted myself into the AstroTurf like carpeting (who uses this stuff??? Really???) . One thing you should know about me. I am a Klutz. That's right, I am not graceful, coordinated or should I RUN... NEVER, EVER, NO RUNNING. Not if I want to stay vertical.

Rambling aside...I rushed over,dodging a group of ladies (I know, I should have waited for them to pass, but what if "THEY" got to it before me?) and snatched it up, turned it over and held my breath. The tag read.....$3.00. I got a little faint, I am positive I squealed for joy, because those ladies looked at me like I was INSANE!

I can live with that, truly I can deal with people thinking I woke up and had a tall glass of crazy for breakfast...I Especially when the object of my desire looks this good on my wall (which still needs to be repainted, but not until October when it's cooler!)On Sunday, while I was dropping off some of College Diva's unwanted stuff at the Flagstaff Goodwill I spied this jewel propped up against the wall with a jumbo white board and camoflagued cloth memo board. Marked $3.99 I was happy to bring it 160 miles back to my home.
Be sure to check out Thrift Store Thursday with Holly at Homebody and Thrifty Thursday with Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville.

Come back soon to see my frugal decorating fixes and frugal shopping excursion!

Ta Ta For Now!

Audra

8 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

looks really good there, like it belonged.

Holly said...

That's the best kind of find...you love it, you want it, you know where it's going to go, and you can afford it!
Thanks for joining TST!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Audra, That was a deal !i Love little metal pieces, they add so much to a space. LOVE yours. It was worth the astroturf in the nose. LOL! Great find my friend!Thanks for linking up this week!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

jennifer said...

Oh that looks sooooo good there! And 3 bucks was a real bargain. Congratulations on a great find!

Susie Q said...

Those are just gorgeous....and a tall glass of crazy for breakfast...I LOVE that! And I know the look, I get that a LOT!

Christina said...

I have had heart palpitations about things and couldn't get there fast enough either. So I know the feeling. Love your find and $3.00 is awesome. I also really like the second piece too.

Wendy said...

Oh those are great!

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Kirby3131 said...

I'm still looking for that piece that totally makes the room -- you're getting there!!