Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am such a basket case...

I had to use a clever come on to get you reeled in, n'est ce pas? I have two wonderful items I picked up not at a yard sale or thrift store...but at the loading dock of the corporate office where I work. I had seen these baskets for a couple of days and finally got the nerve up to ask if they were tossing them. The dock supervisor told me that they were selling them, for three dollars each. SOLD to the lady in the black!

These babies are HUGE 30 inches by 20 inches! I am sure they will be perfect for anything, storage for linen, towels, cats...(mine kitties jumped in and took naps as soon as I brought them in). I am 99 percent sure I am going to paint them, but I haven't decided what color. Any thoughts?
I put a Kleenex box in the middle to give you a point of reference, the size of these babies!

I also decided to show case a few more of my finds from the Breast Cancer Yard Sale I attended on Saturday. I spied these vintage Pyrex Amish butter print turquoise nesting mixing bowls.

Aren't they darling? Not a blemish on them, just perfect as can be! $4.00! Yes, I felt a bit faint when she quoted me that price, I even refrained from squealing. I don't know if I will keep them as they don't GO with my kitchen decor, I may sell them on ebay or etsy. They remind me of the ones my Aunt and Grandmother had. Feeling the nostalgia of all those jello salads served up in those dishes.

I walked past this box a couple of times before finally looking inside. Just what I have been looking for!

A cake stand and cake cover, brand new in the box! I have plenty of cake stands but not a cover.

I was estatic to see that this is a two-in-one cake stand/punch bowl.
I love this duel duty! I am unsure if I will serve punch in it, but for the time being it can do double as a trifle dish. I have really wanted a trifle dish for a couple of years, came close to getting one but missed out on a beauty at Goodwill a few weeks back.

It's show and tell time with Holly at Homebody and Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday. Head on over, enjoy, be inspired and go forth and thrift.

Ta Ta For Now!


Audra



7 comments:

Holly said...

I never would have guessed the size of the baskets w/o the kleenex box...that's a great price for a basket of that size! The Pyrex bowls are cute, and I bet you could get a good price for them, especially since the color is so popular now.
Thanks for joining TST this week!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the Pyrex!!! :) Those baskets are neat. They remind me of some round wicker platters I got at a yard sale a month or so back. Haven't painted them yet though. Good finds! :) Thanks for the visit. :)

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

$4.00!!!!!! FOR a SET of PYREX bowls! WOW.WOW.WOW! I am impressed! What beauties! What great thrifty treasures you have shared today! Thanks for linking up, my friend!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

thriftylittleblog said...

Posts like these make me so jealous!! That Pyrex deal was amazing... and a punch bowl/ cake stand- so fun!

Ally0005 said...

I love the turquoise nesting mixing bowls. I have one that was my grandmothers.

Ally

Audra said...

Thanks! I am really leaning towards keeping them as I loved them when I was a child. I saw one today for 16.99 at Savers! Just one bowl! Who cares if they don't go with my kitchen, they are "haunted" meaning they have mixed and server many meals, side dishes and deserts!

Aubrey said...

wow I can't believe the cake duel thingy;) I love it...what a fabulous find!