Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hot today...Chilie Tamale....

Had a wonderful time yesterday, getting co-op basket that will keep me busy for a few days... My sisters and I split 24 pounds of Poblano chilies three ways costing us each $4.00. FRUGAL SCORE. Next few days I will be "roasting" chilies on the grill, sealing in plastic bags to trap moisture which aids in the removal of tough outer skin. This will leave me with lovely roasted chilies to freeze and use in my cooking for the rest of the year. Best part? I will not have to pay .50 for a four ounce can. I have six pounds for $4.00 roughly .67 cents a pound or 4 cans of .50 chilies (when they are on sale) costing $2.00!

This may not be the answer for everyone, however; for my sister and I who L-O-V-E Mexican and Spanish dishes this RAWKS...

Moving my daughter *College Diva* out of her summer rental. She is staying in Flagstaff, her bedroom is coming home. She moves back into the dorm on Tuesday to start her Junior year.
Wishing all of you lovelies a wonderful rest of the weekend. I am off to lug around furniture. At least it is 25 degrees cooler than Phoenix!
Will post my pretties I found at yard sale and Goodwill soon.


Ta-Ta for now....


Audra

3 comments:

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Good deal! I love spicy food my daughter not so much! I'm shredding and freezing zucchini today!

Manuela

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the idea...I just bought some chilies at the farmers market. I LOVE Mexican! I would love to hear your favorite recipe! Thanks for the comment...stalk me anytime;)

Audra said...

I will post my favorite recipe which is more like a little of this and a little of that and mix to this consistency then bake. I call it chicken stuffed chilies. Soooo Yummy !