Friday, August 7, 2009

Golden Treasures

I have been out of commission the past four days, dragging myself to work and home to bed. Repeat the cycle. Yesterday, I had to drop off a package, (couldn't put it off any longer) to Fed Ex for the Frugal College Diva when I spied a sign "Church Thift Store open on THURSDAY until 1:00 pm". I almost didn't go in, feeling that crummy, however my sixth sense prevailed.

Power-shopping-while-sick-and-on-lunch-break-from-work, not recommended but glad I persevered. Did I mention that I can smell a bargain even with stuffy head?

Found two lovely lead crystal vases, in perfect condition. Tag says *DePlomb,* USA $1.50 each

Six Gold Chargers $1.00

Two small gold picture frames .50 each (each marked $9.99 from Target)

Two large silver/gold picture frames .50 each (back loose on both, used my .50 Aileen's Tacky Glue to fix)
Then le pièce de résistance:

Hello gorgeous, where have you been all of my life?
Voila!
Hiding in the corner, just waiting to come home with me for....(wait for it, wait for it...)
$3.00! That's right, 3 George Washingtons! 12 quarters, 30 dimes, well you get the idea. I almost hyperventilated,swooned and had a case of the vapors!

I am in love. That's right, school-girl-giddy-head-over-heels-in-love!
Not wood, not resin,it has "Made in Italy" stamped on the back. Imay attempt tone down the gold just a bit with some paint.... Any ideas?

Then last, but not least...a golden treasure in my house.


Archer! He is a beauty, ne ce pas?
Hope to feel better tomorrow when I head out to get my basket from the co-op. Maybe just maybe a few yard sales too....


1 comment:

Peggyann said...

I stumbled across your blog this evening. I love your treasurers. I only have 1 Thrift shop near me. The clothes are fine, the household items , not so great. I h ope to get some great treasures at Yard Sales tomorrow.