Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dress Me Up!

Unfortunately, due to a bad chicken sandwich ingested on Friday afternoon, I was not in the yard saling, thrift store mood. However I did need to refill my water bottles (yes, I am that lady that takes twenty minutes to get .25 worth of water for twenty gallon jugs) and I had no choice but to go out. Was not feeling all the neon signs or the misspelled "garge sayle" (no I am SERIOUS, wish I had my camera!) but I did veer off when I saw the Breast Cancer Yard Sale.

These lovely ladies were having a sale for a dear friend and sister that has been stricken with breast cancer. They wanted to give her and her husband a second honeymoon and were throwing the yard sale of yard sales to make the money. (I know, my heart just melted right out of my chest!)

One of the things I do to be frugal is rarely, hardly ever buy retail unless it is on EXTREAME Markdown. 75% or more. Otherwise all my pretties come from yard sales, thrift stores and consignment stores. Today I hit the jackpot with some lovely tops for moi!
This is from Old Navy, it screams "cool and comfortable" which is a mega plus here in Arizona! It had a nasty yellow stain, so I got it for $1.00. My stain treatment of dish detergent on the stain for three hours and then a wash...Voila! Perfection!

This cutie pie was also a dollar! Another perfect summer shirt for when the temps refuse to drop below 100 degrees. Love the orange in this...


I had to have this, I almost forgot my manners as I did a massive reach across to grab this! I blame my lack of decorum on my gurgly tummy, I was not myself but I had to have this shirt because I love, love this color. This one still had the tags and was $3.00 but I was happy to pay that!


Spied this cutie as well, a little different than my usual tastes but for .50 I was willing to take the gamble, if I can't use it (translation: I don't like the way it looks on me) I can give it to my little sister Sensibly Frugal.

I also purchased a beautiful orange t-shirt but it kept coming out salmon instead of dark orange. I don't know why, but I gave up the fight and will tell you that it is also Old Navy and was $1.oo.

If I was to purchase these pretties at (gasp!) Retail, they would have cost me over $100.00. Instead for $6.50 and a little laundry soap (home made) I have six new-to-me shirts to keep me looking fabulously frugal in the Arizona heat.

I picked up this beautiful cake plate/platter. It was a sight, dusty, dirty and needing much TLC. I picked it up, because it had the basket of fruit and black scrolley print (goes with my kitchen perfectly).
On the back it says K&A Krautheim Selb, Bavaria. When I asked the price, one of the ladies said... $2.00! I don't know why after all of these years, being a seasoned yard sale fanatic that I get surprised at my finds and how little I am able to pay for them, but.... I still do!

Rush over to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality to see what she and the other ladies found this weekend.

Much love....Mmmmwwwaaahhh!

Audra


8 comments:

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Dang girl, you found a bunch of nice shirts!! I hardly ever look at the clothes at yard sales...mostly because they always seem to be in piles on the ground. Maybe I should start looking. :)

Nancy said...

Very cute tops! I just love finding great deals on clothes.

Nancy

Kelee said...

Hi Audra!

Thanks for visiting! Like your clothes finds!

Also, just watched Twilight...loved it!

love, kelee

gail@myrepurposedlife said...

Audra... thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!
I hope you're feeling better by now.
Great finds!
take care,
gail

Wendy said...

Very cute tops!

Kelli said...

You hit the jackpot with cute tops!! The plate too!

Angie said...

Love all those tops! They are just the type I would wear!

Vintage Amethyst said...

Fab thrifty finds!
love
Alison
x