Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bountiful Basket


Saturday, (sigh) simply my favorite day of the week. Once again, I haul myself out of bed, make a cup of tea, drag the reluctant teenager out of bed and head out the door. No one should be this excited over fruit and veggies, but I am. Not out of my garden, one day perhaps, until then, off to the co-op.

Today I had the pleasure of both of my sisters joining me for our pick up! It really doesn't get much better than that! I recall spending hours at the malls with my sisters paying retail for outfits to this...standing in line for our co-op baskets. How our priorities have changed. Sensibly Frugal and Sassy Frugal have larger families and have benefited from the savings each week. Now I can add spending time with my sisters at the co-op as another reason I love, love, LOVE Saturdays.

Sister Sassy said her husband was buying a banana at the mini-mart on his way to work every day for .30 each. Today, we received 1o banana's for less than 1.00 for the bunch! How great is that? He was thrilled to find yellow bell peppers, his absolute favorite, in the basket as well. Last night he was at the grocery store and couldn't justify spending $1.50 for one yellow pepper. Today we received 3 for half the cost of one! As I say...FRUGAL SCORE.
Ta-Ta for now!

Audra



3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I just love your blog...Love the color, the design and always enjoy your posts. ...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad that you stopped by....

Angie said...

Sounds like you are getting a good deal on some yummy fruits and veges!