Monday, July 27, 2009

Patience Pays Off

First, I want to thank all of you for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments. It thrills me to hear from the ladies whose blogs I haunt! You are my inspiration and I love reading your stories.

You know I L-I-V-E for Saturdays, rising early to head out to pick up my basket from the co-op and hit the yard sale circuit on the way home. I reside in densly populated area interspersed with stately older homes, new homes, horse properties, ranches and high rise lofts within a 15 mile radius. As you can imagine, the yard sales are plentiful and the goodies are there for the picking. I hit the mother load this past Saturday.

When I see Multi-Family yard sale signs, I have to admit I proceed with trepidation. So many times I get to the sale and it's slim if not scarce pickings. This time I happened upon six families having one HUGE yard sale. Woo Hee! As I scanned the area, I spotted a set of four plate with Roosters on them. Oh Yes! I had coveted these very plates at Target two years ago but they were "tres chere"...too rich for my pocket book. I have thought about them fondly over the past two years, but I never had them with in my grasp....until NOW! Four dinner plates and four bread/salad plates in excellent condition. The plates are the perfect colors to coordinate with my everyday dishes since they have brick red, sage green and golden yellow in the design. Not a scratch or a chip. The best part, .50 each. $4.00! FRUGAL SCORE! These would have set me back close to $40.00 at Target, now at 10th of the cost. I often have to remind myself that patience pays off.


I also scored these amazing lettuce leaf salad plates and the sweetest lily pad bread plates. My breath caught in the back of my throat when I saw them, could they possibly be, were they really just .50 cent each? I floated over to the cashier with a euphoric smile on my face and visions of the food I would prepare on these lovely dishes. Of course I didn't leave with just the dishes, I purchased more items at this yard sale, spending $20.00 exactly but walking away with nearly $600.00 worth of merchandise.
I do love a great yard sale! Crafting items for .50 each Brand new spray adhesive, tacky glue and embossing pen and powder. The colored pencils are from England.

A couple of cook books to add to my collection.




These lovely cut glass dishes to add to my red dish collection. Perfect for Christmas, Valentines Day, Fouth of July, or just because they are so darn cute! Only .50 each for the dishes and the silver plate butter dish.


I "heart" yard sales.

PS: Sorry about the quality of the pictures, for some reason my camera was not behaving. Maybe I will find a "new to me" one at a yard sale!

Audra

3 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

WOW...you found some amazing stuff! LOVE those leafy dishes...they are beautiful!

~amanda

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Ohhhh, roosters! And at the perfect price--well done. But your REAL score of the day is that can of spray adhesive for fifty cents!

Frugal Fine Living said...

What great finds! I especially love the rooster dishes. They are gorgeous!

Jane